Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Month 3, Day 13 and 14

Day 13
I was told now I have 5 (from the 3 she told me the day before) eggs that may be put to good use, but in total it looked like I had about 8 follicles that were growing.  So I got the multiple births talk and the possibility that they may have to perform a reduction should all 5 eggs get fertilized.  They would probably reduce it to twins.  All I could think was...I just want one to take.  I'll worry about the rest later.

I got an HCG (10,000) shot to get the process of ovulation going.  Tomorrow will be our first IUI session.

Day 14
Bright and early!  Arrived to the clinic at 7am to begin the IUI process.  Hubby had to go into THE ROOM and produce some sperm for this baby to happen!  Then once we submitted it for washing, we had to wait for about an hour and 45 minutes.  We tried to pass the time by going to McDonald's...I brought my iPod Touch to watch my episodes of Gossip Girl...and my book.  There just doesn't seem to be enough things to do to keep me occupied!

Then the time came for the IUI.  I was a bit worried because the last time I had it done, I ended up having really bad lower back pains for a week that did not allow me to walk properly. I think it was just the shock from the pain.  So I was very candid with my fertility doctor and she re-assured me it would be fine.  And when she did it, it WAS fine!  She must have magic fingers because I swear to gosh it was like night and day from the last time.

So today she said because of all the follicles, my left ovary is bulging and I may feel really bad cramps today from the "eggs popping."  I was actually told to drink lots of Gatorade (1L per day) and saltier food items like V8, protein shakes, McDonald's, Chinese food.  WHAT???  I can't believe I'm actually TOLD to eat those things!  LOL.  She said its because of the fact I have so many follicles, I'm going to have a lot of water (I'm actually not sure where?  Hmmm...) but I guess she just wants my body to absorb more water right now because she said to try to avoid free water for now.  And my estrogen was high...so I'm basically screwed.

Just now I took a shower and my right nipple is enormous!!  And painful!!  My hormones must be wacky.

Thoughts
I just want one egg to take.  I'm crossing my fingers.

Me and hubby also had the possible abortion talk.  I know it may not be considered an abortion to some, but if all the eggs do fertilize and we have to perform the reduction via amniocentesis, it would be at week 11.  I really don't think I can handle having 5 kids, emotionally or physically.  But I guess we will take one step at a time.  I just hope one egg takes.  Please cross your fingers for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Abigail! I'm in your fertility e-class and just wanted to comment on your last post. (Since the blog doesn't allow us to comment on each other's postings, I followed your link here. Sometimes I feel so cyber-stalkerish.) I wholheartedly agreed with each thing you said "no" to. I'm trying to also be the "cool Aunt who travels to exotic locations", expecially after I've put traveling on hold in order to start a family. I'm with you 100% and hope that you're finding the same solace in this class that I am. I hope your IUI turns out to be good news! I just "failed" my first one, but am trying so hard to remain hopeful. Fingers crossed for you...

    ReplyDelete