Sunday, April 25, 2010

Updates

So, yet another friend is pregnant.  I just keep wondering when it will be my turn.  I feel like I just can't focus on anything else.  It's getting to be a bit depressing.

I just got back from vacationing and I was one of the travellers who ended up being stranded overseas and travelled quite a distance to get home.  I'm home in one piece and more determined than ever to make a baby happen.  Whether its through adoption or IVF.

I started looking into adoption...nothing concrete...just a quick perusal to see what that world is like and stumbled upon a great blog:

http://www.filly.ca/life/relationships/friends_and_family/An_Adoption_Story.asp

One common thing is that it can take at least 15 months from starting the process of adoption to actually receiving your child.  I'll keep you posted as to the progress of this decision.

In the meantime, I'm actually taking Robitussin 3x a day (2 teaspoons) because I've been hearing so much about this method.  I missed the ability to go to the fertility clinic to start the IVF process this month because I was stuck overseas so I thought...why not just try Robitussin.  This probably won't work either since I was supposed to start it 5 days before ovulation and I started it at 2 days.  But, it doesn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment